After Dental Implant Surgery
After dental implant surgery:
- Rest for 48-72 hours to aid healing and reduce bleeding.
- Drink lukewarm fluids to stay hydrated, avoiding very cold drinks.
- Apply ice packs to your face for 20 minutes every two days.
- If you had upper implants, avoid blowing your nose for two weeks.
- Expect slight bleeding for approximately two days.
- Discomfort is common for the first two days, with improvement typically on day three.
- A slight temperature increase (1-2 degrees) is normal and not worrisome.
- Eat when hungry, but avoid chewing directly on the bone graft.